Nov 22, 2022
On today’s episode of IntHERrupt, Linda speaks with author,
speaker, and consultant, Rita Ernst. They discuss the best ways to
deal with micromanagers, how to deal with your own
micromanager tendencies and positive leadership traits.
What is a micromanager?
- Management on a continuum. A micromanager dictates and controls
at an obsessive level.
- 3 things that you need to feel fulfilled in the workplace are
mastery, autonomy, and belonging. Micromanagers take away your
autonomy and challenge your competence.
- You can better deal with a micromanager by understanding their
psychological driver, asking them for what you need, and being
How do you deal with your own micromanager
- Be vulnerable with yourself and find your own psychological
- Give your team permission to name when you are falling into
- Ask for more of what you need from your team.
Best leadership traits
- Rita believes that the best leadership traits are listening,
questioning/curiosity, and empathy.
Has Rita ever been interrupted?
- Rita was interrupted when she took time off of work to stay at
home and take care of her daughter. It was difficult for her to
take time away from her career.
- When Rita is being interrupted she remembers her core values
and what is personally important to her.
- If you want to hear more from Rita check out her website.
Do you have stories to tell? Connect with Linda to share them.
This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts
by TSE Studios, including this episode’s sponsor, The
Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more
deals and achieve their sales goals. Subscribe to the IntHERrupt Podcast so you
won’t miss a single show. Find us on Apple
Podcast, Google Podcast,
and Stitcher. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen