Sep 12, 2022
When you don't get your way, how do you move on? On today’s
Episode of IntHERrupt Leslie talks with Theresa Green Davis, a
strategic HR project manager with over 30 years of work experience,
about what to do when things don’t go your way.
When has Theresa not gotten her way?
- Theresa has been a part of many groups that have decided to go
about things differently than she would have liked.
- She tells us that it’s not always about having it your way -
it's about being collaborative and inspiring others in the pursuit
of a particular goal.
- She advises us to be open to change and work towards having
open communication with your team.
- Know the people you are working with, but don’t define them by
How do you move on when you don’t get your
- Know yourself. Be clear about what your goals and expectations
are in your career and in your personal life.
- Make an action plan and base your decisions off of
- Don’t make impulsive decisions based on emotion and don’t point
When should you stand your ground?
- Again, know yourself.
- Identify what you are flexible on and what you can’t be
- Theresa will not jeopardize her integrity for anyone or
How can you let go and move on?
- Allow yourself to grieve but set a time limit for yourself.
Once you’ve grieved, create a plan for how to move forward.
- Call on family and friends for support.
- Lift up others around you.
What tips does Theresa have to help people feel
- Theresa encourages everyone to have a strong relationship with
the Lord. Her relationship with the Lord has brought her peace in
- While you are in a good place, create a wellness plan. Identify
your go-to people and specific activities that help you feel
empowered and write them down.
How does Theresa deal with being
- Theresa relies on her go-to people.
- She knows herself and tries to learn from the experience.
- Theresa says “There is nothing you can’t get past. There
is always something on the other side.”
For more content and information from Theresa, connect with her
on Linkedin. Do you
have stories to tell? Connect with Linda to share them.
This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts
by TSE Studios, including this episode’s sponsor, The
Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more
deals and achieve their sales goals. Subscribe to the IntHERrupt Podcast so you
won’t miss a single show. Find us on Apple
Podcast, Google Podcast,
Spotify, and Stitcher. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen