Dec 20, 2021
In today’s episode, Kanika Tolver talks about what every
woman should know about her personal brand and why a
personal brand is important.
Kanika is a career coach and the owner of Career Rehab, a career
coach practice in the Washington , DC area. She’s focused on
helping people transform their careers. Kanika is also in the
government tech space for more than 15 years.
Personal brand and leadership
- As a person that leads a technology team and with career
coaching clients, it helped her become more of an active
- It also helps her hone her skills in understanding what people
- Leadership means having the skills to help people and support
them with whatever they need. Leaders should learn how to listen
and to encourage.
- For Kanika, personal branding is not about being heard, putting
her brand out there, and becoming successful. It’s more of helping
others attain success.
- As a career coach, it’s about Kanika helping others transform
their personal branding to land their dream jobs.
- It’s important to be an active listener to help equip them with
the information that they need to be successful.
Ways to step up your personal brand
- Understand your why.
- Journaling is helpful to help you map out your why.
You need to figure out what you want to do and write down your
- When you know what you want, you can start aligning your goals
into actionable steps.
- After that, you need to lay the foundation of your brand. This
includes revamping your resume, redoing your LinkedIn profile,
re-evaluating your website, and more.
- The next thing is to figure out the people you are marketing
to. Create a marketing strategy around reaching your target market,
identifying where they are, and how you’re going to connect with
- Lean in to what you are passionate about and where your
- When you've hurt your personal brand, what you can do is to be
honest and apologize. Be genuine about your intent.
Rise against the challenges
- It’s important to take ownership of our lives and our
- We can turn our anxieties into accomplishments when we start
voting for us.
- You need to set up a team of people who can help you
- Kanika’s book was a fruit of her choice of putting herself
first . Her previous career wasn’t making her happy and upn
evaluation, she decided to drop it and start her own private
“What Every Woman Should Know About Her Personal Brand”
Connect with Kanika Tover on LinkedIn. You can
also check out here book Career Rehab: Rebuild Your Personal
Brand and Rethink The Way You Work here.
Do you have more stories to tell? Talk to Linda Yates here. This
podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts by the
TSE Studios including The
Sales Evangelist and more.
This episode is sponsored by The Sales Evangelist, helping
new and struggling sellers close more deals and smash their quotas.
Int-HER-rupt Podcast is produced by the team at TSE Studios,
If you haven’t already, please subscribe to the Int-HER-rupt Podcast so you
won’t miss a single interview. You can find us on Apple Podcast,
Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher. You can also leave comments,
suggestions, and ratings for every episode you listen to.
Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen