Jun 28, 2021
Whether you’re overcoming imposter syndrome or just want to feel
supported in your career, addressing the difficulties to find
empowerment is critical. Today on IntHERrupt, Linda is joined by
Heather Fueger, sports marketing director at RSM, to learn how she
found empowerment and support through sports and physical
Heather was involved in sports from a young
- Growing up in the midwest meant sports was a cultural
necessity. That and her professional golfer of a dad meant she was
immersed in sports her entire life.
- While Heather played multiple sports until junior high, it was
clear she was far better at golf than anything else.
- She realized she had to either hone in on golf (to play in
college) or just have fun in multiple sports. Heather chose the
What critical skills for her future career does Heather
attribute to sports?
- Organization: Playing collegiate golf meant learning to balance
school, sports, and her social life.
- Time management: Her busy life meant prioritizing
responsibilities was necessary for success.
- Teamwork: Despite golf being an individual sport, Heather was
still a part of a team and relied on her relationships to
It’s essential for women to be in sports.
- Being active can dramatically help anyone’s mental
- Utilizing a gym or participating in a club sport is an
opportunity to network and meet like-minded people. In fact,
meeting others through golf was how Heather networked her first
- Beyond a professional career, you can play several lifelong
sports like golf and tennis as you grow older.
How does Heather continue to grow in a male-dominated
- She knows her strengths and weaknesses and leverages her
strengths to perform her best.
- A direct boss who is supportive can make all the difference in
- A supportive boss means Heather has the freedom to make
decisions, knowing that it would merely be an opportunity to learn
if she were to mess up.
To get in contact with Heather, connect with her on LinkedIn.
Do you have stories to tell? Connect with Linda to share them.
This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts
by TSE Studios, including this episode’s sponsor, The
Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more
deals and achieving their sales goals.
Subscribe to the IntHERrupt Podcast so you
won’t miss a single show. Find us on Apple
Podcast, Google Podcast,
Spotify, and Stitcher. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen