Jan 24, 2022
Finding passion in life is difficult enough, let alone a second
(or third) time. So how can we find that passion later in life? On
today’s episode of IntHerrupt, Linda discusses the secret to
finding passion in the second act with Shauna
Hostetler, who has continued to find that passion in several
chapters of her life.
Shauna has had multiple careers and experiences in life
that invoked passion:
- Her five children led to her getting highly involved in
community and church projects.
- She also had a ten-year journey to obtain her real estate
license, started real estate investing, and even ran for political
office at one point!
Shauna’s political journey:
- She had supporters and a platform; she knew she could make a
- The campaign was heated and led to division within her
community - people were forced to pick one side or the other.
- At the end of the passionate back-and-forth, Shauna won.
However, the contention along the way made her unhappy. She knew
she would be spending more time mending fences rather than helping
- The Monday after the election, she had to go into the county
office for a recount. At the end of the recount, she lost. And she
was relieved. She congratulated her opponent and was excited not to
- She learned a lot and met many people. But, most importantly,
she realized she didn’t have to hold a political office to make an
How does Shauna find passion in different seasons of
- She finds passion in making a positive impact on others,
whether that’s creating a fundraiser, collecting holiday gifts for
those who need them, or finding ways to meet needs in the
- A second act isn’t necessarily the final act. There
can be a third, fourth, or fifth. Don’t feel obligated to tie
yourself down in a path for the rest of your life. You can
How can someone overcome the feelings of “is this all
- She encourages people to find new experiences and opportunities
in life to prevent stagnation.
- Listen to different podcasts, read different books, and meet
new people. Those will inspire you to turn left instead of right
the next time you face a fork in the road.
- Shauna embraces a focus on depth. Use your time to go one inch
wide but one-mile deep. Rather than slightly focus on many things,
focus on the one thing you want to focus on.
How has she found fulfillment at different points in
- Sometimes life is just mundane; not everything is fulfilling.
We have to accept that.
- However, she finds fulfillment whenever she’s making a
difference for other people.
- Currently, she finds it very fulfilling to help people in their
real estate work, walking and comforting people through a
substantial financial investment.
Connect with Shauna on
Facebook for more content from her. Do you have stories to
tell? Connect with Linda to share them.
This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts
by TSE Studios, including this episode’s sponsor, The
Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more
deals and achieve their sales goals. Subscribe to the IntHERrupt Podcast so you
won’t miss a single show. Find us on Apple
Podcast, Google Podcast,
Spotify, and Stitcher. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen