Feb 8, 2021
What Every Woman Should Know About Her Personal
In today’s episode, Kanika
Tolver talks about what every woman should know
about her personal brand and why a personal brand is
Kanika is a career coach and the
owner of Career Rehab, a career coach practice in the Washington ,
DC area. She’s focused on helping people transform their careers.
Kanika is also in the government tech space for more than 15
Personal brand and leadership
- As a person that leads a technology team
and with career coaching clients, it helped her become more of an
- It also helps her hone her skills in
understanding what people really need.
- Leadership means having the skills to help
people and support them with whatever they need. Leaders should
learn how to listen and to encourage.
- For Kanika, personal branding is not about
being heard, putting her brand out there, and becoming successful.
It’s more of helping others attain success.
- As a career coach, it’s about Kanika helping
others transform their personal branding to land their dream
- It’s important to be an active listener to help
equip them with the information that they need to be
Ways to step up your personal brand
- Understand your why.
- Journaling is helpful to help you map out
your why. You need to figure out what you want to do
and write down your goals.
- When you know what you want, you can start
aligning your goals into actionable steps.
- After that, you need to lay the foundation of
your brand. This includes revamping your resume, redoing your
LinkedIn profile, re-evaluating your website, and
- The next thing is to figure out the people you
are marketing to. Create a marketing strategy around reaching your
target market, identifying where they are, and how you’re going to
connect with them.
- Lean in to what you are passionate about and
where your strength lies.
- When you've hurt your personal brand, what you
can do is to be honest and apologize. Be genuine about your
Rise against the challenges
- It’s important to take ownership of our lives
and our choices.
- We can turn our anxieties into accomplishments
when we start voting for us.
- You need to set up a team of people who can
help you win.
- Kanika’s book was a fruit of her choice of
putting herself first . Her previous career wasn’t making her happy
and upn evaluation, she decided to drop it and start her own
“What Every Woman Should Know About Her Personal
Brand” episode resources
Connect with Kanika Tover
on LinkedIn. You can also check out here book
Career Rehab: Rebuild Your Personal Brand and
Rethink The Way You Work here.
Do you have more stories to
tell? Talk to Linda Yates here. This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check
out other podcasts by the TSE Studios including
The Sales Evangelist and
This episode is sponsored
by The Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more
deals and smash their quotas. Int-HER-rupt Podcast is produced by
the team at TSE Studios,
If you haven’t already, please
subscribe to the Int-HER-rupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single interview. You can
find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher.
You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every
episode you listen to.
Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen